Sunday, September 17, 2017

Mammoth Lakes, CA

The circle is now complete and it sure feels like coming home. We started with Death Valley, Beatty and Las Vegas and we closed the loop by coming back to Las Vegas, Beatty and finally Mammoth Lake via Death Valley. Nothing was forgotten, the memories only slept. And they all came rushing back. The bench across the street from the Stovepipe Well general store that I laid down to get some relief from fatigue was still there. The restroom line in the General Store. I remembered them like yesterday.



I didn't have to lie down and rest this time. I obviously am in a better shape than when I started. I lied down several times while recharging when we started. None on the return trip. So the Tesla Treatment must have worked. And yes, I recovered from the latest crash yesterday afternoon. I gulped down a large coffee and the sick fatigue lifted shortly. Dunno if it was coffee or it was time to recover after 3 days though.

Death Valley was about as hot as it was in April. Only hazier. (I didn't notice it first, but wife said so). Then we got to Mammoth Lakes and it was winter. And it is only about 100 miles away from Death Valley.

West is my home, no doubt. As much as I liked NYC I still felt like an outsider there. As we got closer to the West it felt more and more home. And now in CA, I'm in my own water. If I'm not settling back in SF, maybe I should find a small town in CA, say Lone Pine, and take refugee there. At least till the housing price settled back in the Bay Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment