Monday, September 18, 2017

Mamoth Lakes, CA, Day 2

I attempted another 2 mile, 400 feet elevation hike in Tuolumne Grove. And I again aborted after about 1 km. I felt ambitious at the top and then wasn't confident enough when my legs felt shaky. Upshot was that we just wasted 1 hour there and didn't make it back to Mono Lake before the sun went down. And I may not be able to hike tomorrow.



The plan was to do the driving route from Mono Lake to Fish Camp and back today. Then do the Yosemite Valley tomorrow. I figured we'd get to the Fish Camp supercharger around 1 PM and then be back at Mono Lake around 5 PM. In reality, it was well past 7 PM when we made it back. The sun already set and there was no point in walking the access trail. I just took a few shots at the water's edge and then came back.



In retrospect, we should've stayed in Yosemite Lodge after doing the driving route. It was a lot of work coming back to Mammoth Lake and we'll have to drive back tomorrow morning bright and early. Staying in Yosemite Valley would've saved us total 5 hours and 200 miles. Plus not having to worry about parking. That would've been well worth the extra $150.

No comments:

Post a Comment