Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Mesquite, NV

It must've been about 25 years since I've been to Zion national park and it has changed. The Scenic Drive used to run right through the Great Arch that formed semi-tunnel over the road. Now the road is way below it. Though it could be my memory that is faulty.  But I'm pretty sure the Virgin River was clear and I have a photo somewhere to prove it. Now it is cloudy.

Actually, I may have thrown away the photo album. I just couldn't handle packing when I was moving to Korea in 2010, and I left most of my belongings in a pile and just left. The apartment cleaned them up and charged me $50.

The lots were all full when we got to the Vistor's Center. But they had EV charging stations and I took advantage even though I had enough to get to St. George. I paid $5 and parked the car there all day. And I didn't have to stop at St. George to charge either.

We first went all the way to Temple Sinawava and hiked The Narrows. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel, so we had to do the important ones first. We  didn't go all the way up, but we did manage to go quite a bit up before turning around. I figure it was almost 2 miles round trip. After it, I was done. We took shuttle back to the Vistor's Center skipping the Emerald Pool and Zion Lodge.

So, that was hiking 2 days in a row. And I'm up writing the blog the next day. How is that even possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment