Thursday, September 7, 2017

Teton Village, WY

I sure would've liked to stay for another day and rest in West Yellowstone. But this is an expensive country so we decided to soldier on till we get to Utah. And I ended up with a cold sore on my lip. It is yet another sign that I'm recovering. I'll have fully recovered if I start catching cold regularly. (Yeah, as strange as it might sound, I enjoy saying that I used to get sick often before I got sick).

The route took us back into the Yellowstone National Park and out through the south entrance. Shortly after, Snake River and Teton Mountains appeared. The tall granite mountains soaring above the desert basin and the lake would've stunned anybody except my wife who slept through it. But the majestic mountains appeared flat and hazy in the midday sun unfortunately. The famed Jackson Lake Overlook on Signal Mountain did not provide a better view either.



I aborted the plan to go up to Snake River Overlook and then stop for charging at Jackson. I was too tired. We instead went directly to Teton Mountain Lodge from Moose.  I still have 100 miles left in the tank and we'll go back up tomorrow and then move south after a fueling stop at Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment