Sunday, September 3, 2017

Cody, WY

A skinny biker with full beard pulled behind me as I pulled over to take picture of the town of Cody. He asked where I would charge an EV around here. I told him he could charge in RV park. He went aha! and said that someone was asking where she could charge in Cody. It must mean that EV is becoming mainstream if a redneck biker in the wild west knows something about it.

The landscape turns decidedly desert west of Gillette. Then big mountains appear as you approach Sheridan past Buffalo on I-90. It is Bighorn National Forest that you have to climb over before you get to Yellowstone.


The steep climb over Bighorn mountain drained the car quite a bit. I knew that I'd get it all back on descension, but I wasn't going to take chance the same. We skipped all points of interests and headed directly to Cody. No matter, the drive still provided beautiful views of the vast Bighorn basin. The other side of the mountain on descension was a mixture of forest, meadow, streams and desert. Then cornfield reappeared near Lovell after crossing over the Bighorn lake.  The clouds must be dumping its load  there before climbing the Bighorn mountain.



I'm glad we took 14A through the mountain to Cody rather than continuing on I-90 around the mountains to Bozeman or West Yellowstone following the supercharger network. Only thing I missed on this route was the waterfalls along the Sheep Mountain Road. And I remedied the lack of supercharger on this route by camping at Parkway RV park in Cody.

Camping is a lot of work under the best circumstance. It is not something a CFS patient can undertake for sure. Unloading stuff from the car, making the bed and then returning the car back to the drive-worthy state takes a lot of work and I was totally exhausted by the time we left Cody. Amazingly, I partially recovered by the time we left Cody after breakfast at Wild Horse Cafe across the Cody Rodeo Stadium. Yet another sign that I am recovering.


No comments:

Post a Comment