Saturday, April 15, 2017

Albuquerque, NM

You can get there from here. But you need to go up and through Albuquerque. It would've been much faster to go from Phoenix to Austin through El Paso. But there is a gap of 500 miles in superchargers in that route -- there is none between Tucson and El Paso. The only way is to refill at a Chademo station in Tucson and then sleep over at the RV park in Deming while charging. You can then get to Van Horn supercharger past El Paso the next day. The problem is Deming is 220 miles away from Tucson and 1000 feet in elevation gain. And Van Horn is another 220 miles from there. You could safely make the trip in 100 kwh version, but not with 60 kwh one.

We left Tempe's Extended Stay shortly after 9AM. We made total of 3 stops in Corde Lakes, Holbrook and Gallup and got to Albuquerque shortly after 6PM. A total of 9 hours and I was tired, but it wasn't that bad. That it was mostly interstate freeways and Tesla drove itself on them may have something to do with it. I sat back, relaxed and put my hand on the steering wheel every a few minutes. It probably wasn't as relaxing as being a passengers though. You can't completely let go; you still have to watch the road just in case. Maybe I'll drive the next time and compare the fatigue.

Yesterday we drove through South Mountain park in the morning. The Google navigation tried to drive us over the summit to get to Hertz where we were supposed to return the car. After the summit, we realized it was going to take a lot longer to get to Marriot where Hertz was located. We turned around and made to the counter just in time. We returned the car, took Lyft to Tesla and picked up the loaner for the day. After some rest at the hotel, we explored Papago park. By then, I was burning with fatigue we had to cut short and return to hotel.

I was hoping that my Eczema that I got after dipping into hot springs in Tecoma would improve in hot Tempe. It didn't. Now I can't even wear the top because the clothes irritates the skin. I first started developing atopy in cold weather in Korea. And I get that regularly when the temperature dips below 40F. Now I'll have to add hot springs to the triggers. Asthma and atopy, I apparently had all predisposing conditions for CFS.

Now it's been exactly two weeks since we left. It feels like it has been an eternity. Being on the road will do that to you. Does anybody miss me in the Bay Area? Does anybody know that I'm gone? Since I got CFS I've lost all contacts and I've been pretty isolated. It wasn't much better before, come to think of it; it only has gotten from bad to worse. That's one reason I think I should move to a smaller community at least till I recover and get back into circulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment