Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Flagstaff, Still

Tesla service center in Tempe called and said that the car will be ready by Thursday. Geico is not coming through, however. They want to inspect the vehicle before the repair, and Thursday is the earliest time that they can. That means the car won't be ready till Friday at the earliest. They are making fuss about making a claim only  a week after the coverage was added, and want to make sure that the damage is not a pre-existing one. No matter, I'm not in any hurry. I can pretend that we moved to Flagstaff. If the repair takes long, I was going to rent a house in Sedona for a month anyway.

I'm glad I set out on this journey despite the risk. I've been stuck in the left coast so long, I forgot what the rest of the country looked like. People are nicer in the country than in the city. The crew at Big O Tire were regular Joes from the next door. six of them looked into my car. It probably have something to do with Tesla. Kevin didn't charge me since they couldn't do anything on it. After my car was towed away, Julia gave me a ride to the airport to pick up a rental. She's a Russian who doesn't speak English, but we managed a few exchanges.

Now I'm more seriously thinking about moving to the country. San Francisco is swell, but it's terribly expensive and I'm not taking advantage of it, thanks to my CFS. And I can build relationships better in the country. City can be a lonely place if you are a CFS patient.



Meanwhile, I'm holding up surprisingly well. I did quite a bit of walking, 9000 steps total for the day, in Grand Canyon on Sunday. I went down to the vista point on Desert View. It went down quite steep at the end so I gave up. Coming back up was enough to get my heart rate to 120. I was  pretty tired yesterday after 8 hour trip, but I feel mostly recovered this morning after 2 days. It's as if I'm just extremely out of shape. Which is probably true, if it weren't for the limit imposed by the post-exertional sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment